Thursday, August 4, 2011

Dear Mom, (original post date 6/7/11)


On one hand you’re going to be so proud of me, but on the other hand you’re going to be rolling your eyes saying, “I’ve been telling you that your whole life!”…
Skinny Bitch and The China Study have changed my life!!  Honest to God, in just a few hours of reading I’ve gone from fatty fatty bo batty meat, and cheese (and quite frankly anything else I wanted) eater, to vegetarian, to vegan.  It’s not that I didn’t hear you all those years, or that I wasn’t listening, I just don’t think I was ready to hear it.  Now, at 27 (almost 28—eeek!) years young, I’m at the point in my life where it all comes together and makes sense.  Actually, scratch that.  It made sense before, it just didn’t make sense for me.  I hate to say it, but I was too stupid to care.  I didn’t care enough about my own body, my own soul, the bodies or souls of the animals, or the environment.  Now, I’m ready to face the truth and the truth hurts.  It’s ugly, sad, gross, and quite frankly makes me want to vomit!  That being said, the truth is also a great motivational factor and has already helped me to lose 16 pounds since January!  
So go ahead and roll your eyes and say, “I told you so”, but make sure to throw in a pat on the back while you’re at it.  
Thanks for the advice all those years ago and for your patience while I came to figure out my shit.
I love you, 
Amanda Brook

No comments:

Post a Comment