Today I am poolside reading the third book on my summer reading list, “Something Borrowed”. I literally just started and already decided to take a break to blog about it. At a mere four pages in, I find myself relating to the main character, Rachel in subtle, yet significant ways. Perhaps this will change as I continue reading, but here’s what caught my attention so far:
“The worst thing about this particular end […] is that for the first time in my life, I realize I don’t know where I’m going. My wants are simple: a job that I like and a guy whom I love. And on the eve of my thirtieth, I must face that I am 0 for 2.”
Ideally, I want to love both my guy AND my job. Also, I realize that I am nearing 28, not 30. But the point is, I’m already feeling this way so I have two years to figure it out and NOT be Rachel.
No comments:
Post a Comment